FrugalKaizen

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME

Friday, March 6, 2009

Learning Photography The Kaizen Way


Something I've taken up in the last year or so is digital Photography. I'm not very artistic, but I have seen so many great photos and snapshots that have given me inspiration to give it a try.

I started to do this on a regular basis since last summer. Lately, I have stopped, partly due to my taking more of my free time to work on my blogs FrugalNYC and FrugalTech. Now that I have started this blog, I am inspired once again. This time I will take the Kaizen approach and I know that it will be a lifetime habit. Here is what I will do, and I hope you will do the same if you are interested in photography.

Daily Photos
  • Take my point and shoot camera with me daily.
  • Take at least one snapshot daily, no matter what it is.
  • Have a spare set of batteries for the camera
That's it. Simple right? There is not much room for failure, plain and simple.

I wanted to mention my friend Jeff, who inspired me to start taking photos on a regular basis. Lately I've been inspired by Henie of the blog Hennartonline. You can find a great video about how we see things and photography on Ted Talk. I also wrote a post on FrugalNYC called Digital Photo Resources.


Above is a recent picture I took thanks to an idea from Henie!

Do you practice the art of Kaizen? How has Kaizen helped you? How do you apply Kaizen to your life? Share your thoughts in the comments.

For additional links follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to this blog or to any of the FrugalNYC blogs in any way (guest posts, articles, ideas, interesting links, advice, financial assistance, or anything else), feel free to contact me via email.

Photo by me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Frugal- Henie is certainly a mentor to look up to! Sounds like you got a good plan to learn the trade! Looking forward to seeing more!

FrugalNYC said...

Hi Jay,

Thanks for dropping by :) This is just the beginning. Looking to make this blog useful to others. :) I think it has potential.

Thanks again for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Frugal!!!!

I love love love your photo!!!! You did extremely well with your focus, clarity and your "fade" along the edge! It almost looks like a "fish-eye" lens! Well done!

Your idea for Daily Photos is a must and will be a winner!

I am always here to help and I humbly thank you for your appreciation! :~)

@Jay - Thank you for your kind words as well!

"Your appreciation is my inspiration!" ~Henie~

FrugalNYC said...

Thanks for dropping by and for the inspiration Henie!

The focus was all thanks to camera, its just a point-and-shoot :) It does look a bit like fish-eye doesn't it?

I've been keeping a daily routine doing this. It makes photography more fun and I learn a tiny bit everyday! :)

Post a Comment